Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Outta Control

It was a day that began with a plan, but ended totally out of control!

The Motivator had a lot of work to do - unrelated to The Happy Abode - and we set a plan so that she could get it done.

The plan was that she would sit, head down bum up, getting her 'stuff' done while I tended to the customers.

Unfortunately the first few customers that entered the shop made a beeline straight towards The Motivator! They were all in for long discussions and even though she did stop to share in the joy of opening a box that was delivered to the shop ...

... she still hadn't got to her work by lunch time!

Try as she might, there was distraction after distraction including a long and detailed conversation about our dreams/nightmares and some interesting dream analysis, a visit by one of our artists to deliver some new leatherwork for us to sell over Easter and then a visit by the Secretary of the Amateur Fishing Club to collect our donations to the Fishing Classic.

We realised that Easter was almost upon us and we needed signage, new information postcards and business cards so I left work at 4pm with The Motivator still being her creative self and getting all of that organised.

Needless to say, her other work was still awaiting her attention by the end of the day.

Late today, I received a deposit from a lady who is going to attend my next photography course in June, which was pretty exciting for me!

Even though we were both totally distracted from our original plans for the day, it was a successful day in The Happy Abode and quite a lot was achieved, even though it wasn't on the original plan.

Adoring Husband went shopping in The Bay today and returned home with two new iPad Pros. My iPad is almost 8yrs old and has been on it's last legs and struggling to make it through each day for some time. AH uses his iPad for just about everything so his old one was well used and also struggling.

By the time I arrived home from work, he had already set up his new iPad and will now be able to give me instructions for setting mine up when I'm ready!

Wednesday is lady's lunch day and I have the day off work to have some fun with the girls.

This means that I must get some sleep now.

Nite all.  

No comments: