Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Winner was Grinning

Conditions have not been conducive to fishing.

Some heavy rain, then some light misty rain, some strong winds, humidity to kill an elephant and to top it off a one hour long blackout to end the day.

The fishing classic raffles and presentations had to be put on hold while they frantically searched for a generator.

One of the raffle winners came into the shop with her Happy Abode voucher looking very pleased with herself!

It was a great day in the shop with a steady flow of customers almost from the minute that I opened the doors. I have to say, it's quite exhausting making small talk all day and on the busy days, by the time I get home, I'm all talked out and just need some peace and quiet for a while.

There are fireworks going off right now ... the pub has entertainment tonight and are obviously topping it off with some fireworks. The dogs are freaking out and we've brought them into the lounge room to cower on the storm chair.

I'm watching the end of Pretty Woman ... yes I know ... this has to be approximately the 56th time that I've watched it. It never gets old and I enjoy it every single sitting!

I added some photos to our Facebook page today ...









Gosh, it's only 9.30pm and it feels like midnight for me.

So I'm done for the day.


Nite all.

No comments: