Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 30, 2018

On The Ball

It was incredibly busy in the shop with people coming and going all day.

Few of them wanted to spend money.

Many of them commented on how wonderful the shop is.

Some of them said they would return later without their kids/husband.

Lots of people commented on my photography.

There were friendly people.

There were unfriendly people.

There were quiet people.

There were loud people.

The Motivator removed herself to the training room to finish some important work that needed to be put to rest for the weekend.

We laminated lots of signs and I rode around town stapling them to poles where foot traffic would see them and hopefully come for a visit.

I rode to the Lions Park to check out where our signs were posted. Unfortunately our big signs didn't arrive in time for Easter so we had to improvise and make smaller ones ourselves. They are dwarfed by the larger signs of other sponsors of the fishing classic but they've been placed in positions that hopefully will be beneficial to us.

I put new postcards on the tables outside Foodworks.

I took updated signs to the caravan park and pinned one to the notice board in the laundry and handed over some new postcards to put into their information stand.

Adoring Husband took some postcards to the SES shed to hand out to the dog show people who will be using the SES shower facilities every evening.

We can only hope that people will eventually find their way to our hidden little treasure.

We've decided to stagger our hours over Easter. I will open at 9am and work til 3pm while The Motivator will start at 11am and close at 5pm. That covers all bases.

So it's 10pm and I am off to bed.

I hope it will be a big and busy day tomorrow!


Nite all.

No comments: