Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Classic Holidays

There has been a steady stream of cars, boats, caravans and trailers making their way into town all day.

They filled all the empty car spaces at the shopping centre and the caravan parks are almost full.

While there was slow stream of customers through the shop early in the morning, the rain made the stream much slower in the afternoon, but it gave The Motivator and I time to get a lot of 'stuff' done, some of which will need to be finished tomorrow.

There was also a lot of silliness going on with the two of us making strange sounds and singing weirdly and joking around with each other, but we still got stuff done.

We are prepared.

We hope!

A lot of those holiday people were at the club for dinner tonight and the queue was a mile long as they all waited to order their meals. Some were beautifully dressed and some much more casually, but you could definitely sense the relaxed and happy holiday mood permeating the air!

I had a losing night and even the usual winners in our group missed out, while there were lots of cheers coming from the less familiar faces.

It's going to be a big weekend - lets hope we survive intact. Let's hope the weather doesn't cause any problems - and if it does, may it bring the bored people who can't fish in the rain, to our shop for some shopping!

Meanwhile, I wish you all a very happy Easter. Be safe and be happy.


Nite all.

 

No comments: