Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Lunch with the Ladies

It took me forever to figure out what to wear to the lady's luncheon today.

I've been feeling decidedly frumpy lately, so I'm not comfortable in many of my outfits. I haven't gained weight and they all still fit, but I don't feel right and I try five or six different outfits before choosing something and then, more often than not, my choice is just the best of a bad bunch.

I felt comfortable in my choice today though, so I was happy.

There seems to be more newbies than originals in the lady's group these days.

It was still a pleasant day at the Golf Club where the food was delicious (a good range of GF options), most of the staff were happy and friendly and the atmosphere was really relaxed and comfortable.

There were a couple of new Happy Abode customers in the group and I was seated near them today, so I networked and told a few other ladies about the shop. I'm still surprised when locals tell me that they don't know about the shop.

We are now seven months open and I really thought that word of mouth and 'time' would have spread the news to the far edges of town by now.

Apparently not.

I arrived home at about 2.45pm so I slipped into something a little more comfortable and took the time to set up my new iPad, which was pretty easy and interesting.

For dinner I caramelised some sweet potato, carrot, onion and zucchini mixed with garlic and cayenne pepper and which I then spooned onto a bed of baby spinach and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. I served that with crispy skinned chicken.

It was quite delicious but I didn't make enough because Adoring Husband was asking for seconds but the pan was bare.

My watch has just told me to get to bed, so I'm signing off right now!

Nite all.

No comments: