Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 11, 2018

Meditation Fail

i jumped out of bed bright and early, prepared for work and left the house well before 7am, pedalling to the shop so that I could open up early for The Gypsy to set up for meditation classes.

The Gypsy usually arrives around 7.10am but this morning, when she still was nowhere in sight by 7.20am, I checked my phone for a message, only to discover that she had sent a text at 4am telling me that she was too ill to come in!

At that moment, our most regular and reliable client walked in with her adult son. She was closely followed by one other lady who, due to family commitments, attends intermittently.

I knew that I simply was not prepared to run a meditation class on my own, so I offered them a cuppa and a morning chat in our lounge area. One of the ladies seemed keen until the other’s son asked if he could pitch a product to me, so she made a rapid escape while he prepared to pitch.

I was not prepared to begin my week feeling stressed, so I dealt with the dilemma the best way I could. Nobody minded being turned away and they are still keen to return next week, so it all worked out in the end.

It was a slow morning, but the afternoon picked up and I was able to make some biz phone calls and respond to some biz emails, update our social media cover page and take some pics to post on Facebook. That turned out to be fruitful, generating two good sales!

This is what I made on Sunday ...


... I have $42million in my own currency!


Gawd, it’s after 11pm and I need to sleep!

Nite all.

No comments: