Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 14, 2018

Not So Restful

My second day off work started with the alarm waking me at 4.40am.

Ugh.

The Motivator picked us up at 5.10am and we drove to the train station and dropped Adoring Husband off to catch the train to Brisvegas.

Upon my return home, I climbed back into bed for about two hours.

I rode to the Post Office and checked the mail, bought some coffee and some groceries, then dropped off the paper bags to The Happy Abode.

I returned home and did a couple of loads of washing, put a casserole in the slow cooker, made some Hainan Chicken, Curried Chicken and a big pot of Bolognese Sauce all now in the freezer for future meals.

I watched a movie and cleaned up the kitchen.

The Motivator picked me up at 8.25pm so that we could return to the train station and pick up AH when the train arrived.

He ate a big bowl of beef casserole for a late dinner and climbed into bed feeling exhausted after his big day.

The Professor was very happy with how AH is managing the PD so nothing is changing for now.


Here we are at 11pm and I'm ready for bed.

Short and sweet tonight.

Nite all.

No comments: