Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Evilly Me

I'm sitting here, by myself, giggling in the lounge room.

Adoring Husband and I each have a fan directly across from our lounge chairs on the opposite side of the room.

My fan is a tall tower, it no longer oscillates and seems to be much less powerful than it once was, while Adoring Husband's is a tall, powerful pedestal fan that oscillates perfectly. He never puts it on oscillate and has it aimed directly at his chair all the time.

Every time he goes to bed, I change the direction of his fan so that it's aimed at my chair and I change the speed to a couple of notches faster than he likes it.

Every day, he changes it back to suit him and then every night I change it again.

Tonight, I found it highly amusing and couldn't help laughing out loud as I once again changed all the settings! It was an evil laugh - even if I do say so myself!

We had a big crowd at the shop for coffee this morning and the last of the ladies left at 11am. We had spillage and panic and laughter and noise all morning.

There was a slow flow of customers through the door all day. A lot of tyre kickers, but all happy and friendly.

I wore a pair of Colorado half boots similar to these ...


... mine are a few years old now, but while I was at work today, the sole partially came away from the top part of the shoe. Ugh!! So I spent the day clomping around the shop hoping that it wouldn't completely come apart.

Oh my goodness! Oh dearie me! I may have to buy a new pair of shoes!!

Adoring Husband and I have a date day tomorrow. I have two days away from the shop and we are going to the movies. I hope to see two movies. 'I Feel Pretty' with Amy Schumer and 'Oceans 8' with a gazillion famous faces.

I'll give you my critique tomorrow.

Once again, it's after 11pm so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: