Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, June 10, 2018

The Next Project

So, now that things are somewhat settled with The Happy Abode, we have created a routine of sorts and are comfortable with our progress, though certainly NOT resting on our laurels and ALWAYS looking at developing new ideas and creating change when necessary, I am now looking at a new project.

This project was always a part of my 'to do' list and an integral part of creating income to supplement the shop and the in-house workshops. This idea will also be integrated into mini workshops at the shop if I plan it correctly.

My idea is to create online programs and courses.

At this stage, I have two in the pipeline. One is for health, wellness and happiness. There will be a choice to either follow a step by step program that introduces lifestyle changes to improve your health and wellness OR a choice to pick and choose the changes that you want to slip into your current lifestyle that will still significantly improve your health and happiness.

The second idea is a photography course that also follows a program and includes practical challenges that will ultimately improve skills and add to the experience and expertise of budding photographers with any type of camera.

At the moment, I've joined a website that provides the training for creating these courses and programs and it also provides the platform to build them. I imagine that it will be a slow process considering my other commitments, and how slowly my brain absorbs technical jargon, but I'm excited about the possibilities!

While doing some initial research for my first program, I came across this video of  93 year old Charles Eugster doing a TED talk. He died three months before his 98th birthday of heart failure, but he was a strong and fit fellow enjoying many sporting accomplishments and successes in his nineties and certainly living life to the fullest.
 


Here is a story about him ... Charles Eugster

I hope to share some inspirational videos and stories about the older generation of health conscious humans on the planet who have changed and improved their health situations for the better.

So my lovely friends and readers will get the benefit of my research and hopefully pick up a few tips along the way!

There is a very big storm skirting around us, of which we are catching the edge right now. It looks very bad and it snuck up on us without much warning!

Today is Sunday and I have spent the entire day in bed doing my research and setting the groundwork for my online program.

It's now 4.03pm and I am about to get up to watch the footy. Unfortunately, Parramatta destroyed my chances of getting a perfect round last night, but at least I gained two of the four points that Adoring Husband surpassed me by last week!

Meditation tomorrow and The Motivator has the day off so I'll be enjoying a public holiday in the shop on my own.

An early mark for me today with the blog.

Nite all.



No comments: