Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Missing in Action

I had every intention of blogging on Friday night, but circumstances beyond my control put an end to my intentions.

It was a very busy Friday in the shop, but I was able to leave soon after 3pm and do a little grocery shopping before riding home.

I sat down for a snack which I hoped would absorb the little alcohol that I planned on drinking at the club and then made myself presentable for the evening.

Adoring Husband dropped me at the club, which was packed with tournament bowlers from out of town. This made the environment very loud and incredibly unpleasant - impossible to have a reasonable conversation and the poker machine room was the quietest place available. For most of the evening, even that room was busy enough that poker machine space was at a premium.

The service in all areas of the club was very slow because there were new staff working the drinks and keno bars and there were just too many patrons lining up to be served.

A number of small irritating things happened that prevented me from getting my weekly raffle tickets or reaching my table of friends. By the time I got to the table, the raffle was almost over and it was time to leave.

At least Adoring Husband had already prepared most of our dinner and all I had to do was make myself a small salad to have with the protein. There was just enough time to eat before I received the 'go ahead' to call my sister for our pre-arranged phone date.

I made the call at 8pm from my bedroom and AH interrupted it at 11pm declaring that he couldn't wait any longer and was coming to bed!

By that time, I was absolutely ready for bed, so even though I considered writing a quick blog post, I chose to sleep instead.

Adoring Husband had a busy day too!

This was our lounge room while he strengthened our DVD wall unit. He is a man of many talents.

Today (Saturday) was very busy in the shop and The Motivator and I ordered lots of new stock, rearranged the storage area and cleared the meditation room ready for Monday.

After work, my afternoon was filled with a movie called "Gifted" which I loved, some football, preparing two weeks worth of dog food, crumbing (with almond meal) and cooking some Snapper fillets for dinner, more football and now blogging.

Now I'm off to bed so that I can wake up to some fresh coffee in the morning!

Nite all.  

No comments: