Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 4, 2018

The Finale of Chicklet's Holiday

Before we left the house, we fulfilled the time capsule promise from yesterday ...



It was another nine hour day on the road.

Chicklet was pretty amazing on the long four hour trip to the airport.

She was completely silent for the first hour.

I gave her my phone to play games for the next two hours.

The final hour was much more animated. Knowing that we were getting closer to Mama, she became very talkative and loud and silly.

We found Mama easily and Chicklet ran to her bubbling with excitement. We hung around for about 30 or 40 minutes making small talk while she transitioned and then we said our goodbyes and left quickly, to avoid dramas.

Mama had already been at the airport for six hours and still had another three hours to fill until their flight to Melbourne. All up, she was in transit for more than 47 hours but Chicklet was well behaved and the remainder of the trip was not as bad as it could have been.

Our drive home was uneventful.

The roads were clear and we made three stops. One for a GF Beefy's pie just north of Brisbane, while Adoring Husband made a phone call.  One for fuel and some bottled water.  One for AH to grab some meat from the Tiaro Butcher for dinner, while I checked out the Hippie Shop.

I can't believe how smoothly everything went when we arrived home!

We (and by 'we' I mean AH) fed the dogs and the chooks and fired up the barbecue to cook his steak while I made up a big salad to accompany it. I heated up my bone broth and sat quietly in the lounge room to enjoy it.

No standing in the kitchen for an hour while 'somebody' took their time eating dinner.

No sitting on my mini stool in the bathroom playing fishing games in the bathtub for thirty minutes with a certain 'somebody'.

No thirty minute cuddle and chat time with that 'somebody' before bed.

No convincing that little 'somebody' that it was time to sleep now.

I got to watch my TV show while it was actually airing instead of recording it and watching it later.

I'm doing this blog post right now so that I can go to bed early and get some sleep.

I've already ironed my clothes for work tomorrow and have a 'to do' list written up for my first day back.

Oh! Today, I took a phone call from a customer booking herself and a friend into my photography workshop on 16th/17th June. She's coming in tomorrow to sign and pay. This means that I have five in my next class with another three possibles.

Love it.

I also received a message from Number One Son asking if we were free for the week beginning 15th June so that he can visit! Hopefully, that will actually happen. Watch this space!

Thanks for listening.

Bed time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: