Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, June 3, 2018

Day Twenty Four of Chicklet Holiday

One more sleep and the holiday is over.

Her bag is packed and she's ready to go. Mama is mid flight on her way to Brisvegas on a fifteen hour flight.

We tried to finish off all of our projects today.

I finished my cave. Chicklet fiddle farted around doing bits and pieces and took about three hours to do a page of stencil dragons to put into the time capsule - complaining loudly when it had gone dark outside and we were unable to bury the time capsule as planned.

It will be a quick job in the morning before we leave.

We had a lot of fun at bath time. Full of giggles and silliness and then some extended pre-bedtime cuddles with the psychotic dogs and chat time.


I think we are both suffering bitter sweetness at the moment. Sad to be leaving each other but excited about getting our lives back. Chicklet is most excited about seeing Mama and I am most excited about getting a full night's sleep!

Out of the twenty five nights that she has been here, she came into our room approximately fifteen nights to wake me. It was usually between 2am-3am and I would get out of bed, follow her back to her room and lay beside her while she fell asleep, which was generally instant, and then I would return to my own bed. A couple of nights she woke me 2 or 3 times.

No big deal, but broken sleep is not my friend and I've struggled to be 100% 'present' on the days that follow her restless nights.

I adore her - there have been moments when we didn't like each other very much - but overwhelmingly, there has been love overload. She is a treasure that lights my soul and melts my heart to the extreme.

I will miss my little Chicklet and I hope we made some lasting memories that she can treasure in her future.

Nite all.

No comments: