Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Hi Ho Hi Ho

It's off to work we go.

I was excited to get back to work and it was coffee morning with the girls which was a bonus!

There were seven of us giggling (and snorting) and story telling and there were even a few tears this morning. Time flies when you're having fun so it was after 11.30am when The Motivator and I were left alone in the shop.

We had a steady flow of customers all day and in the breaks, we spent time talking business, going over numbers, discussing our future, reflecting on how far we've come, taking pride in our achievement and tidying up a few loose ends.

We were so involved in these discussions, that a delivery of new stock arrived and we didn't even open the box! So we can look forward to unpacking a new range of stock and finding somewhere to display it tomorrow.

I would have stayed late at the shop today because I loved being there, but I remembered that our monthly barbecue at the Lions Park was this evening so I packed up and rushed home to make a roast pumpkin, pine nut and spinach salad to take along with us.

We had some special guests at the barbecue tonight. Rebel Mardi and The Lifesaver are in town for a few days and joined us for a big catch up. It was sooooooo good to see them but their time had to be shared between many many people - I think there were twenty of us there. There will be more opportunities in the coming days.

The food was pretty amazing at the barbecue too. There was potato salad, potato bake, lentil and beetroot salad, asparagus mornay, zucchini slice, kale chips, corn on the cob and my pumpkin/pine nut/spinach salad. I felt like my stomach was going to explode before I'd even finished. I think my eyes were too big for my belly!

Just a minute ago, it was 9.50pm and suddenly it's 11.25pm! How the heck did that happen?

Must go to sleep now.

Nite all.

No comments: