Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 2, 2018

Day Twenty Three of Chicklet Holiday

Well, we've had another great day and there are only two sleeps left before Chicklet meets up with her Mama and they head home.

We did some more work on our caves today. We should have them finished by tomorrow afternoon and that will make five amazing caves in 3.5 weeks.

There were two phone calls from Mama and a 40 minute Skype call with Dad to talk about the alligator experience.

There was a sad event that Adoring Husband and I did everything in our power to hide from Chicklet. SEB (Someone Else's Bird) took poorly this morning and by about 3pm this afternoon she had passed from this earth.

AH tried in vain to help her, but we found her on the floor of the cage, just sitting - I knew there was something wrong when she didn't hiss at me. SEB has always behaved aggressively towards me and has always loved AH who today, tried to give her water with a dropper and attempted to feed her, but she wasn't interested in any of it.

She died peacefully in her nesting box and we have avoided telling Chicklet. We wonder if she will say anything tomorrow because she always goes outside to say hello to SEB. I'm not ashamed to say that if we can avoid having the death talk with her we will! We just need to get through the next 36 hours.

*cue the sound of a chicken clucking here*

Not much else to report so here are some progress photos of our caves (Chicklet even made her own spider web with bag tie wire so that she could thread one of my spider charms onto it on the inside wall of her cave!

Here is Chicklet's ...









 Here is mine ...








Chicklet became a little annoyed that AH always commented on how nice my cave was and never commented on hers, so we had to remedy that situation quickly.

Anyway, it's almost midnight, so I'm off to bed. But first ...

A couple of days ago, Adoring Husband asked me the question "What do you reckon was the biggest selling one hit wonder of all time?"

After some brief research, the answer is "Macarene" by Los Del Rio in 1996 OR "Come On Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners OR "Gangnam Style" by Psy who made $25million from this one song alone and received over 1 BILLION views on his Youtube video!

Nite all.

 

No comments: