Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 1, 2018

Day Twenty Two of Chicklet Holiday

What a day!

Six hours of driving and three hours at Wildlife HQ.

It was a perfect weather day, the temperature just right, clear skies and sunshine. Great for jeans and sneakers and we actually had an easy start to the day and a good run to our destination with very little traffic.

We were the only passengers on the little train that took us from the Big Pineapple down the hill to Wildlife HQ where we found our way to the office and booked the Crocodile experience which actually turned out to be an alligator experience!

A young man brought the alligator out immediately and this is what happened ...



... incredibly, I forgot my camera (I know right?!) so we paid for a photo to be taken and I took a few pics with my phone.

Chicklet was over the moon. The alligator was much bigger and much heavier than she expected. It's name was Mississippi and we are so happy to have been there to witness her joy in this first time experience.

The next favourite creature of the day was the Green Iguana ...


We spent a lot of time with Iggy haha, but did not get to touch him.

She got to touch a koala, sheep, goats and an alpaca gave her a big wet sloppy kiss across her face. She made friends with a massive emu that followed us across the field (scared the crap out of me) and she thought it was GREAT! She loved the chickens, or 'chickadoodles' as she called them and we took our time going through the reptile exhibit.

I can't believe we were there for three hours. It felt like much less.

Even the drive home went quickly and we drove into our driveway well before 5pm.

There was plenty of time to make a light dinner, take a long bath, enjoy some cuddle and chat time, and for good measure I added a short back massage with some essential oils (which seemed to hype Chicklet up, rather than relax her!).

She fell asleep quickly, and even though the day was incident free and a lot of fun, I feel like it took a lot out of her and it took a lot of fancy footwork to prevent a meltdown tonight.

Tomorrow will be telling but we will be gentle.

Three more sleeps.

I stumbled across a video yesterday.

Remember this????



I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: