Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Day Twenty One of Chicklet Holiday

Today, we decided to take a couple of small foam boxes and create our own dragon caves with our own ideas .. to finish off our holiday together with a bang.

Much to Chicklet's shock and dismay, I decided to create a Hippie Rainbow Dragon Cave! The cave so far ...







She's been telling me for a couple of days that this idea is really bad because dragons don't do rainbows and colour, that dragons are dark and for all the ideas in the world, why did I pick this one?

"Really Bozzy Wozzy? I don't think your cave is going to be very good. Are you sure you want to do rainbows? It's just not going to look real."

But I could tell, as I worked on my Hippie Rainbow Dragon Cave, that she was impressed and just a little envious of my beautiful dragon cave! She has even introduced colour to her own cave and keeps coming up with ideas for me haha!

Very slowly, but very cleverly, she is working on her own cave and she tells me that "Even though there are Halloween-related items and parts in the cave, it's NOT a Halloween Dragon cave!"







I must say that creating my Hippie Rainbow cave has been very therapeutic today and I have thoroughly enjoyed our time outside being creative.

We didn't do much else today.

Chicklet was very happy to spend ten minutes with the dogs on her bed before sleep time - it was her second favourite thing about today.

Tomorrow, we plan on heading south to the Sunny Coast so that Chicklet can receive her birthday present of holding a crocodile! I haven't told her yet because Poppy Bluebarry's back has been touch and go and I'm worried that he won't be able to manage the drive. Fingers crossed we can make it happen.

Now I'm off to bed. I wonder if I'll be lucky enough to sleep undisturbed tonight?

Nite all.

No comments: