Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 28, 2018

Day Eighteen of Chicklet Holiday

Today was a tough day for me.

Chicklet and I both lost patience with each other a few times and locked horns.

A long walk to the beach and an hour long swim soothed the savage beast (aka Chicklet) and I took some time out afterwards, leaving her in Poppy Bluebarry's care, while I visited the shop and tended to some business.

By the end of the day, we were both exhausted and she slept easily - as will I, as soon as I finish this post.

We did a little work on the Fire Dragon Cave, walked the thirty minutes (at Chicklet's request) to the beach and spent an hour swimming and chasing crabs. We played some iPad games and we ate a lot of fresh healthy food.

It was a long and relaxed cuddle time before sleep, so we ended the day well, with love and calm.

Tomorrow, as discussed at bed time, there will be more caving and swimming. They are her two favourite things to do.

Some time this week, maybe Thursday or Friday, we'll be crocodile hunting, so that she can enjoy her late birthday present from us and actually get to hold a real live crocodile. The crocodile is her favourite creature. Dragons and dinosaurs are her favourite fictional creatures.

Only seven sleeps left of this holiday and we still have a lot to fit in, including filling and burying a time capsule, painting an owl, holding a crocodile and finishing off all of our caves.

I feel that I will need a holiday at the end of Chicklet's holiday!





Nite all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol. Dinosaurs are fictional Mum?!

Age said...

Laughing my butt off here!!! How funny!! What was I thinking??? See, this is what happens at Day 18 of babysitting a crazy child - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!