Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Day Seventeen of Chicklet Holiday

Much less drama today than yesterday!

Chicklet came into our room at about 5.30am and climbed into bed with me, snuggling right in and falling asleep.

I have been setting my alarm for 5am and taking her iPad into the bedroom so that when she wakes up, she can keep herself amused while we can sleep until a reasonable hour. I forgot to set the alarm this morning, which is why she came into the room, but once in our bed, she slept until after 6am and then took her iPad into the room herself.

(If I leave her iPad in her room, she wakes at stupid o'clock, which could be 2am or 4am and then plays on the iPad all night.)

I could hear her outside talking with Poppy for quite some time before she returned to the bedroom with him and our breakfasts at around 8am.

We stayed there until 9.30am because then she began harassing me to make a start on the Fire Dragon cave. She was very excited about the Fire Dragon cave and had a million ideas!

For two hours we sat outside and began the creation.

We made five clay dragons. These are two of them ...

We lined the floor of the cave with shiny red lava.

We hung skeletons on the wall and at the front entrance of the cave.

We made two volcanos for the roof of the cave, one with flowing lava and one with an exploding eruption of lava.

We hung a dragonfly from the ceiling.

We put dragon and skull stickers all over the walls.

We strategically placed red gems all over the floor.

Instead of a 'waterfall', we created a 'firefall' at the front entrance.

We made a nest with red, orange and yellow straw and placed it inside a tinselly ring of fire.

We found the perfect container to use as a chest full of treasure and then spent some time going through my beads to find fiery red and orange jewel-looking beads to put with our plastic coins as the dragon's treasure.

We stopped for lunch.

We did some more after lunch.

As I began to prepare dinner, she asked if we could do some more and when I replied "No more today. We can do some more tomorrow.", she declared "Awww but we've hardly done anything on the cave today!"


We went for a quick late afternoon walk so that I could show her our lagoon across the road.

Chicklet ate a big dinner of boiled egg and veg and dessert before enjoying a fun bath time complete with fishing rod and plastic fish.

We had a long cuddle and talk time and it seemed that the closer we got to sleep time, the more energy she was generating! I had to use my cross grandma voice to get her to settle down, but she fell asleep within three minutes of that, so she was obviously tired ... probably overtired.

I'm feeling all done in.

Poppy Bluebarry did a lot of stuff around the house today, pushing his sore back to the limit, so I'm expecting extra caring duties in the next couple of days.

Now it's 11pm and I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: