Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Day Twenty of Chicklet Holiday

The new game today ...

1. Chicklet: If there was a tornado, what would you choose to help you out?

a) A fire breathing dragon
b) A speedy dragon
c) A weather changing dragon
d) A shield
e) A sword

Me: A weather changing dragon

2. Me: If you were lost in the desert and you came across a truck giving away water or lemonade, tomato or lemon, which two would you choose?

Chicklet: Water and Lemon

3. Chicklet: If you were trapped in a dungeon, who would you want to help show you a way out?

a) A skeleton
b) A bat
c) A spider
d) A lizard on fire
e) An immortal dragon living in a nearby volcano

Me: An immortal dragon living in a nearby volcano (no brainer really)

4. Me: If you were going to a dragon birthday party, what would you take as a gift?

Chicklet: Dragon snacks of course! And maybe a gift card (lol)

5. Chicklet: If you were a character in a book that you couldn't escape from, what character would you be?

Me: Bella from Breaking Dawn

Chicklet: Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon

6. Me: If you could take six creature friends to the dragon party, who would you take?

Chicklet: Dragon, Velociraptor, Crocodile, Lizard, T-Rex and a Snake

... and so the game went on.

Crazy how difficult it is to think of questions like that!

Here is the little tuft of hair that Chicklet now has after her run in with the GOO ...


Time now for me to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: