Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 31, 2018

Quietly Does It

I actually did some housework this morning before I left for work.

Unheard of!

Adoring Husband beat me to the shop and opened up for me by setting out the flags, signs and chairs, then he collected the mail and bought my morning coffee.

Yes I know.

He's a good man.

It seems to be a common occurrence where people go for a walk empty handed, see our signs so come for a look. Today was one of those days - lots of empty-handed potential customers.

More often than not, they return later that day or the following day, so I expect Saturday morning will be busy for me.

I photographed a few pieces of the lovely new jewellery ...








In between visitors, I did some solo dancing around the shop to my favourite tunes and I don't mind admitting that some singing happened too.

Adoring Husband spent the day working in the yard while Kiwi Bernie continued his work on the 'outdoor' kitchen, which is actually more like an 'indoor' kitchen. It will be Adoring Husband's domain and I'm keen to see how the final product looks.

AH lined the western fence with bamboo sheeting and it's looking great.

It's very exciting watching everything slowly come together.

My evening was spent at the Club where I won a Bakery voucher, so there will be morning tea available at our Tuesday coffee morning.

While I was enjoying a beverage or two at the club, Adoring Husband was busy at home preparing a delicious dinner of roast lamb with baked potato, sweet potato and onion. He prepared some broccoli and when I arrived home, I made gravy with the flavoursome juices that came from the lamb.

It was absolutely delicious and I savoured every last mouthful!

Thank you Darling.

I am feeling incredibly tired tonight, so I'll be in bed before 10pm to get a good night's sleep before work tomorrow.

As you read this, it will be the first day of Spring!


Have a lovely day.

Nite all.  

No comments: