Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Out of Time

It's almost 10pm as I write this and once again, I have been sucked into the television screening of "Pretty Woman"

I've lost count of how many times I've watched this movie, but I think it's the connection that it gives me to my mother - she loved it and every time her favourite line is uttered "Cinderf___inrella", I can picture her face telling me about it after she first saw the movie herself. It's the only time she ever said the "F" word out loud.

The movie never gets old for me. Even if I watched it last week, I just can't bring myself to change the channel this week.

This morning I attended meditation class, followed by the most perfect massage ever. My neck has been playing up for the last couple of days, even causing me to feel a bit dizzy at times, so The Gypsy worked hard on that part, but all of my body seemed to be very tense and many of my muscles were tight and needed work.

She told me at the end of the massage that I would feel sore and sorry because she worked so hard on me, but I feel pretty good tonight. She gave me some more exercises for various parts of my body - I feel that I need to set an early morning routine to stretch everything before I start each day because as I get older, all of my muscles (the few that I have left) are feeling kind of seized up.

I needed to rush home to get ready for my movie date with Adoring Husband, but everybody that I know in this town was in my path this morning and by the time I stopped to chat with them all, I had ten minutes to get ready when I finally reached home!

Luckily, we had a smooth run into town and even the roadworks didn't hold us up.

AH got our tickets and I got our chips. Our favourite seats were still vacant when we entered the cinema and the previews had just begun when we took our seats.

The movie was "The Book Club" and it was full of famous names, all over the age of 60, the oldest being Jane Fonda who turns 81 this year! I loved it.

After the movie, we picked up some things for the shop, priced a bar table in Hervey Norman ...


... ordered a photo print, bought the winning tickets for this week's lottos, bought an outdoor fan for our pool pergola and finally headed home.

There was no time to rest because the dog food needed to be made up and having sat in the fridge for a couple of days, couldn't wait another day to be prepared. Then I had to cut up a giant pawpaw that had been sitting on the kitchen bench for a couple of weeks. The Gypsy had given it to me when it was completely green and after two weeks, it was looking a bit dodgy. After I peeled it and cut it up, it was good enough to freeze in packs for smoothies.

THEN I had to batch up my chicken bone broth which had been simmering in the slow cooker for the last 20 hours.

It was after 6pm when I finally got to sit down and by that time, my tummy had started to play up (perhaps it was the chips at the cinema?), so I wasn't in the mood for dinner. AH cooked his on the barbecue.

Gogglebox was our TV show of choice this evening. I recorded, then watched The Bachelor and now it's almost 10.30pm and I'm ready for some sleep. I'll be in the shop by myself for the next couple of weeks so I need to have my game face on!

Nite all.

No comments: