Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Officially Huggable

As you know, Adoring Husband has been a member of the SES, in some capacity, for about five years now.

He applied for the position of Local Controller for the Fraser Coast and had an interview a couple of weeks ago. Today, it was confirmed that he won the position.

Wahoo!

Congratulations Darling. Best man for the job.

At The Happy Abode, it was a fairly slow day, but we decided to accept some beautiful jewellery from an interstate artist, to sell in the shop. I wish I'd taken some photos to share here - I'll try to do it tomorrow. They are truly lovely. Vibrant and colourful and obviously made with love by a very nice woman who deserves success.

I sold two photos today!

I need to get mat boards on the photos that I printed last month because stocks are getting low at The Happy Abode.

Most of today's visitors were people waiting for their fish and chips to be cooked and they were not the slightest bit interested in spending money on anything other than food, but they DID enjoy browsing and made lots of nice comments about the shop.

The Motivator is, as we speak, boarding her flight to Bali!

Kiwi Bernie was here today and started the build on our outdoor kitchen by the pool area, so the back yard is looking quite the disaster at the moment.

Tweedle Dee (new name yet to be announced) came to the shop for a quick visit and a hug today, which was nice because our coffee morning was cancelled this week and we all missed out on our weekly hugs.

Another long hug was given to a lady who works for an Aged Care facility. One of the men she cares for passed away two days ago and she was so affected, she took the week off work. She came to us last week asking for a donation for their fund raising raffle, so I've only met her once before, but she really looked like she needed a hug so I wrapped my arms around her and she shed a tear.

Adoring Husband received a long hug this morning too.

It's been a bit of a huggie kind of day!

Now I need to go fix my MacBook Pro because it has black lines across the screen and I'm going to try all the suggestions that my Google search suggested!


Happy Friday to you all!

Nite all.    

No comments: