Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Spontaneity

While I was having my lazy start to the day, I was surfing the net, looking at outdoor lounge settings.

It seems that we've been doing that for days now and not having much success.

You've seen one outdoor lounge setting, you've seen them all, and the wicker look is all the rage at the moment. The idea of black Burrum dust filling all the cracks of wicker furniture doesn't thrill me much and I wanted something more sleek and a bit different.

The reason that I had this time to spare, is because Adoring Husband realised last night that he had an SES meeting early today, so we had to postpone our movie date.

Anyway, I found this great outdoor lounge and excitedly sent the link via email to AH, then got up, dressed, and was just about to walk out the door to get my morning coffee, when Adoring Husband suddenly appeared. His meeting was much shorter than expected so I suggested that we drive to Bundaberg to view this fabulous furniture.

He changed out of his uniform, we stopped to get my morning coffee and off we drove north to Bundy.

It was a beautiful day and not much traffic on the road, so we made good time. Driving through Childers, we agreed to stop on the return trip so that I could check out the wonderful shoe shop. It's probably been about 2 yrs since I got to visit this lovely shop because we always seem to be in town outside of opening hours.

We got to visit quite a few furniture places in Bundaberg, but the original lounge that the trip was for, was our final choice and we purchased it while we were there ...


The service was fantastic. It was fast and efficient and friendly. We left the store feeling happy and satisfied.

As agreed, we stopped at Childers and while AH ordered a couple of takeaway coffees, I rushed across the road to visit shoe heaven.

Wouldn't you know it, the universe conspired against me today! On Tuesdays, the shop closes at 2pm. It was 3pm so once again, I missed out.

Ugh!

By the time we arrived home, it was nearing 4pm and neither of us had eaten all day. I was famished! While I prepared the vegetables, AH cooked the steak on the barbecue and we ate our dinner before 5pm.

Here we are at 9.30pm and I am definitely ready for bed. While I have tomorrow off work too, I want to attend meditation early in the morning and then I have a 9am massage booked. After that, AH and I are going to the movies and among other things will be printing some photos that a customer has ordered. So it will be another big day.

Have a lovely Wednesday.

Nite all.

No comments: