Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Thank You Mother Nature

Thanks to Mother Nature, I was not required to do the dirty work today.

Adoring Husband's foot has much improved - thanks to my essential oil cure of Frankincense mixed with fractionated coconut oil.

Yesterday, he was limping badly and unable to put any weight on his left foot. He wondered if he may have broken a bone. There is a hard lump underneath his foot, well below where the crow bar hit the top of his foot.

I rubbed the essential oil on his injury twice yesterday - the last time, just before he went to bed.

Frankincense is supposed to cure everything except death!

When he woke this morning, although he was still limping, he was walking much easier than last night. I've added the oil twice again today and as the day wore on, his walking got better and better. The hard lump is still there and some bruising has started to appear around the injury, but he seems much better.

Let's see what tomorrow brings!

It was a rainy, stormy Sunday, so no dirty outside work was done and I got to spend my day in bed.

I listened to the last three chapters of the book "You are the Placebo" and wrote lots of notes, then downloaded three meditations from the author.

While doing that, I discovered, much to my disappointment, that the author is running a five hour workshop in Melbourne two days BEFORE I arrive!

Then I discovered that he was running a five day retreat on the Sunshine Coast in October!! I got so excited and thought THAT would be perfect!

Unfortunately, the retreat is sold out and the 300 long waiting list was filled and now closed.

How disappointing.

I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Maybe next time.

I created a playlist via Apple Music, full of happy, upbeat songs that I can play in the shop - even some Country music!! I don't know what's wrong me!! Just feeling the love.

Twice I got out of bed.

Once to make lunch - chicken and vegetables in creamy garlic and white wine sauce.

Secondly, at 6pm to make a salad to go with Adoring Husband's steak and to make a fruity, chocolate ice-cream for dessert.

I stayed up the second time and now it's almost 11pm so it's time to return to my favourite place.

I don't have to be at work until 11am tomorrow, so I can sleep in and take my time welcoming the day.


Nite all.

No comments: