Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 25, 2018

There You Go

Sadly, my position on the footy tipping ladder has already dropped to third place.

Adoring Husband has caught me and we are equal third together. We are two points behind second place and four points behind first place.

There is still a slight glimmer of hope.

My team is playing right now and I've tipped against them. I'll be happy if they lose. If they win, yet another tipper will catch AH and I on the ladder!

Adoring Husband damaged himself today.

I think we need to set up a camera to record his activity in the back yard over the next two months, because his story about today's injury sounded very much like Wile E Coyote attempting to set up his 'ACME' equipment to catch the Road Runner, which is then followed by the domino effect of disasters!

He lifted the frame of the chook pen to move it, realised that he wasn't going to be able to do it so he dropped it, forgetting that there was a six foot long crowbar on the ground (which he had used to lever the frame up). The frame then landed on the crowbar, flipped it in the air and the crowbar landed on AH's foot.

AH, whose career included many years as an OH&S trainer was NOT wearing protective work boots, just some canvas shoes. He also lucky that the crowbar didn't land on his head!

This afternoon, he has been unable to put any weight on the foot and it's in quite a deal of pain. It's slightly swollen but as yet, there is no bruising. He sat with an ice pack on it for a couple of hours.

This is very inconvenient because he still has some work to do 'on' and 'in' the shed before Kiwi Bernie begins construction next week. I guess it means that the onus is on me to GSD on my Sunday off.

*Sigh*

*Groan*

*Whinge*

*Bitch*

*Complain*

*Mumble*

You get the gist.

It was a very quiet Saturday morning at The Happy Abode. Lots of people, but most wanted to chat or just browse while they waited for their fish and chips.

I decided to try manifesting. I chose from our stock, an orange and purple Cenzoni backpack and wrote it down on a piece of paper. It's value was $128. I said out loud "somebody will come into the shop today, fall in love with this bag and buy it".

A little over an hour later, two ladies walked into the shop together and spent quite some time browsing and pointing out all the things that they loved. After about twenty minutes, one of them left and the other remained in the shop for another ten minutes or so. She picked up the orange and purple Cenzoni backpack and brought it to the counter. She announced "I just love the colours in this bag. I have to own it!"

And WAHLAH!! Manifestation successful!

I'm going to try that trick every day!

I doubt that my Sunday will be relaxing or peaceful, but I guess that's the price I have to pay for manifesting my pool!

I hope YOU all have the perfect Sunday.


Nite all.  

No comments: