Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Day of Bliss

After five days off, I had a great return to the shop today.

It started with big hugs from The Motivator, followed by setting up the second attempt at birthday morning tea for Tweedle Dee (new name yet to be announced), then we enjoyed our morning tea with the girls before the day went crazy.

So many customers and so much to do, with all the new stock, some of which is still waiting to find a home, some to be stored out the back until another day, some to be tidied up and some to be rearranged or redisplayed.

We, with Adoring Husband's help, re-organised the the storage cupboard. AH took away all of our empty cardboard boxes that had accumulated over the week with new stock arrivals. We opened up the box containing the brand new vacuum cleaner and cleaned the floors. I did some dusting. We priced most of the new Cenzoni bags, wallets and purses. We selected a new tote bag each from the Ivy's collection.

We had to clear the training room, which had been used to unpack some of the stock, so that The Motivator could run a training session for laptops this afternoon and also for the meditation class tomorrow morning.

It was a little bit frantic for most of the day, but not frantic enough to cause stress.

A gentleman (and I use that term loosely) had been in the shop while I was away and returned to ask where he might find some birdlife in the area for him to photograph.

His main question was "Do you buy your photos?" When I asked him what he meant, he asked "Did you take the photos yourself or do you buy the images from somewhere else and claim them to be yours?"

That's when I knew that I wouldn't waste much time with him and I certainly wouldn't give him any credible tips about where to find birdlife.

Then he asked "How much does it cost to frame your $90 photos?" I replied that I didn't know because I'd never had one of them professionally framed, but probably between $150 - $200. He then said, with an air of arrogance, "So you're selling them at a loss!"

"No" I replied "I sell them backed with mat board, not framed."

"Oh" he said and then turned a walked away.

"And don't come back!" I though to myself!

We left the shop after 4.30pm and even though I have another day off tomorrow, I think I will attend the meditation class in the morning before attending our monthly lady's luncheon. I've missed the last three lunches, so I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone this month.

Here is Monday night's sunset ...


Best get some sleep now.


Nite all.  

No comments: