Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Booked it in and did it!

I told you that Sunday was going to be my day.

I spent about five hours listening to my book "You are the Placebo" which is absolutely blowing my mind and I feel like, by the end, it will change my life!

I did get out of bed to make myself some breakfast of crispy bacon and toast to have with the coffee that Adoring Husband brought to me and I took it all back to bed with me so that I could listen some more.

At about 1pm I got up again.

I cut open the 30 passionfruit that had been sitting in a plastic bag on the kitchen bench for a week - some from Best Cousin in the World and some from one of our customers - and put the flesh into a number of small containers to put into the freezer.

Then I mixed up a small batch of dog food. I mixed the 500g of beef mince with an egg, a handful of finely chopped spinach, a handful of shredded broccoli, a small grated carrot, a teaspoon of turmeric, a teaspoon of hemp seeds and some Himalayan salt.

That made up two days of food for the three psychotic dogs.

THEN I watched the second half of the football. Canterbury Bulldogs defeated New Zealand Warriors, which put me in clear second place in the Footy Tipping comp! Of course there are still a few weeks to go, so I could lose that position BUT right now I can brag about it and enjoy the moment!

I drew up a rough plan of the pool and the surrounding landscaping.

I made dinner for Adoring Husband and crunched my way through the remaining crispy bacon before watching one of the saddest movies I've ever seen "A Little Bit of Heaven". My face was very wet at the end of that one.

Monday is my last day off, so I still get to sleep in and I'll probably finish the book.

Before I head to bed, I'd like to wish Adoring Husband luck on this special day. Not that he needs it. I'll expand on this in a few days.

Happy Monday! Have a fabulous week!


Nite all.

No comments: