Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 20, 2018

I Refrained

It's Monday.

It was another day off for me.

As difficult as it was, I refrained from visiting The Happy Abode.

I stayed in bed listening to my book and continued to have my mind blown.

I made a concerted effort to get out of bed, have a shower and go visit The Blonde Bombshell for the first time since she returned home after her accident.

We did spend an hour or so, standing in the ocean water a few days after she returned home, which was some months ago.

I DID go to her house with all our friends to attend an essential oils party last weekend.

But I haven't been to her house just to visit as a friend, so today was my day to do that.

I met her carer, Shane, for the first time, who obviously loves Molly almost as much as The Blond Bombshell and Grumpy Pants.

Molly ...




Two glasses of wine and a bowl of potato chips later, The Reality TV Queen and I left.

I rode to the beach and took some photos of nothing much ...


It was dusk when I arrived home and not realising that I hadn't zipped up my camera bag properly, I picked it up to hear an almighty crash as my camera fell onto the concrete floor of the garage.

Ugh. (I said a word much worse than 'Ugh')

It still works. (Thank goodness!)

Phew!

I'm going to have an early night so that I can return to work refreshed tomorrow!

Nite all.

No comments: