Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Hi Ho Hi Ho

It's off to work we go.

It was a steady day in the shop.

Somebody, who I met many many months ago ... probably about ten months ... and who I ran into at the hairdressers last week, came into the shop to order a large photo from my sunset collection.

We sat in the lounge area and had a great conversation which lasted about thirty minutes before her illness began to take it's toll and she had to leave. She is pretty amazing and it's a bit sad that her illness prevents her from spreading her laughter and joy through the community because she could bring happiness on a daily basis!

There are still quite a few holiday makers in town and some of our regulars/locals came into the shop knowing that we had lots of new stock arrive last week. There will be more tomorrow and we have to order some more hemp hats because we are running very low.

I left work at around 3.20pm because Kiwi Bernie was at our house to discuss the build and landscaping in and around our planned new pool.

Adoring Husband had already shown him the plan that I had sketched, so he had a fair idea of what I had in mind, but he still had some questions to ask and it was interesting that he brought up some necessary things that we hadn't considered so our expenses may be a little higher than we originally thought. Having said that, I think we both expected that there would be costs that we hadn't thought of.

Obviously, this is not to scale and we haven't firmly decided on the pool shape yet, but this is a rough idea of what I have in mind ... aside from this, Adoring Husband has an outdoor kitchen planned to the right of the pergola which will be built into part of the existing shed. You can't see it in this plan.


It will be interesting to see how it pans out!

The pool still seems like a long way off and the reality of it hasn't really set in yet.

I must remember to take a photo of the next stage now that the trees, fence, chook pen and passionfruit trellis is gone and the timber has been removed from the raised garden beds. Adoring Husband has been working very hard and is well ahead of his planned work schedule/time line.

It's now 11pm and I'm feeling a bit weary, so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: