Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Why wasn't I told?

I have discovered audio books for the first time.

Why wasn't I told about how fabulous audio books are?

I was once a voracious reader, but somewhere along the way, about eight or so years ago,  my brain was triggered to fall asleep after 3-5 pages of reading, so I conceded defeat and gave up. 

A few days ago while I was searching online for an updated copy of a book that I already own, I noticed that there was an audio version of it, so I downloaded the 'audible' app and by doing that, I received the audio book that I wanted for free.

It took three days for me to listen to the seven hours of audio by the actual author and I LOVED it!

Today, while enjoying a very lazy morning in bed, on my third day off work, I was browsing through pages of audio book titles and selected some of them to purchase.

The first one I selected is titled "You are the PLACEBO making your mind matter" by Dr Joe Dispenza. I was hooked after seven minutes and that is why I'm writing this blog post early ... so that I can spend the evening listening to the book while watching Super Saturday football!

Adoring Husband was tied up with the First Aid training at the SES shed today, so I had to pedal to the shops to get my own morning coffee. I listened to my new book on the way there and then of course I had to visit The Happy Abode and check out some of the new stock.

The Motivator already had about five items set aside for a customer who was returning later to pick them up, so I was lucky to see them before they went to their 'forever home'.

Lots of lovely glass figurines, mostly fish and shells, but a really cute little pig too. 

It was difficult to leave, but even though I was wearing my daggy yoga pants and singlet top, I helped serve a couple of customers and then made my merry way down to the beach, where I sat in the shade on a bench seat enjoying this ...   


while I listened to my book.

I was also lucky enough to spot this ...


... which proves that I need to get out more with my camera because I NEED the practice!

It was almost 2.30pm when I arrived home and while still listening to my book, I decided to make a chicken curry with the chicken that had been sitting in the fridge for three days.

All in all, it's been a very pleasant day for me. All that fresh air has tired me out, but at least AH got a nice curry for dinner and I didn't have to lift a finger.

I'm feeling a bit creative but I'm not sure what to do with the feeling. So many options.

Anyway, I'm off to read/listen to my book. Have an amazing Sunday!

Nite all.


No comments: