Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Birthday Absentees

Happy Birthday Tweedle Dee (new name yet to be announced lol)

I arrived at the shop early this morning so that I could blow up some balloons, cut some cakes and slices into bite sized pieces, put a candle in a chocolate muffin and create a little birthday nook for Tweedle Dee before everyone arrived for morning tea.

Just before everyone arrived, I received a text from poor Tweedle Dee telling me that she had hurt her back and was unable to make it for our regular coffee date.

So everybody ate the deliciousness on the plate, played with the balloons, blew out the candle and we sang Happy Birthday on a little video to send to her.

But we were sad that she had damaged herself and disappointed that she wasn't with us for the morning.

We expect a better effort next year!


It was a slow day at the shop so I created the new flyer for the next photography workshop, designed the new ad for next month's newsletter (which is now a week late because the first of the month was a Wednesday so I should have had the ad in last Wednesday!), covered a cheese board with clear cellophane and unpacked, checked off, priced and displayed two boxes of stock that arrived this afternoon.

Just as I was about to leave, I realised that meditation is on first thing in the morning, which meant that I had to clean up all the debris from unpacking the stock - and it was messy! Then I remembered that I had eight pairs of pre-loved shoes sitting in the meditation room waiting to be priced for our 'Pre-loved' area of the shop, but they needed to be removed from that room.

By the time I'd finished, it was well after 5pm.

At home, I headed straight for the kitchen to prepare dinner and at the same time, I filled the slow cooker with all the ingredients for my bone broth.

I made cauliflower puree, butter mushrooms and duck breast for dinner. It was pretty good.

I edited some photos that I took of the stock that arrived today.

Now I'm off to bed for an early night because I have an early start tomorrow for meditation.

The other birthday absentee was my Dad. He would have been 78 today and this year he has been gone twenty one years. Such a long time but it doesn't feel that long at all. Happy Birthday Dad.

Nite all.

No comments: