Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Full Of It

It's been a 'full on' Wednesday.

It all started with a great hour of meditation and conversation where everyone got involved and had lots to share.

Then there was a flurry of sales before everyone left, as well as some fond farewells for some ladies who are leaving for home this Saturday after about six weeks holiday.

Even though I wanted to buy my morning coffee and check the mail, I had to wait for quite a while as customers came in one after the other after the other!

My 'to do' list was ridiculously long today but my biggest priority was getting our ad written up and sent out to the three area newsletters. I knew that because I was on a deadline, that the universe was going to test me today with this one ... and I was right! So many interruptions!

But I did it.

I still had to finish with yesterday's stock arrival, pay some suppliers, pay a bill, help a young male customer choose a gift for his new girlfriend, transfer some funds, speak to some suppliers over the phone, speak to a possible supplier who cold called in the shop, a new delivery arrived just after lunch so I had to unpack, check and figure out where it was going to go in the shop (I didn't quite finish that one).

Adoring Husband arrived at 2pm to take care of our customers while I enjoyed a one hour treatment from The Gypsy.

After that, it took me three hours to tidy up some loose ends and make everything presentable for The Motivator and write a three page story detailing everything that she needed to know for tomorrow when she arrived at the shop.

I left the shop at 6pm.

What a day.

My treatment was almost wasted. The order was to go home and rest and drink lots of water. Instead I frantically ran around the shop for three hours trying to remember all the little details that I needed to tidy up while finding lots of extra little things along the way. I actually believe that the treatment gave me the energy to get it all done.

I have to admit, by the time I arrived home in the dark, on my little red trike with it's rear flashing red light, I was feeling well and truly worn out and even a little bit fragile. Thank goodness I get to sleep late in the morning, but I will go to the shop to have a chat with The Motivator about the three pages of notes that I left on her desk.

I had a very interesting hour long chat with Vegan Chickie tonight. The last time we spoke was at the airport in Brisbane when Chicklet left our care. That's more than three months ago! So much has happened since then. One hour really wasn't long enough to share all of our news, but it was great to catch up on some of it. The most interesting bits!

Right now I need to package up all the bone broth in the slow cooker before I collapse into bed.

Nite all.  

No comments: