Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Can't Help Myself

I didn't get out of bed until about 9.30am.

I needed coffee and I needed to talk to The Motivator, so I pedalled to where I needed to be, got my coffee and then rode to The Happy Abode.

Ivy's stock and Cinnamon stock had arrived before me so it was my idea of Christmas as I walked through the door!

The Motivator and I hugged hello, discussed some stuff and then I began helping unpack the stock while she was serving customers.

Four hours later ...

A couple of times The Motivator said to me "Rozzy, it's your day off. You don't have to do this."

But I DO have to do this! I LOVE doing this!

I forced myself to leave a little after 2.30pm.

I'll be back tomorrow.

There may be MORE stock arriving!

Honestly, I really can't help myself.

Our planter pots and bamboo sheets arrived today - the first step in the progress of the famous pool!





For an early dinner (because Adoring Husband had SES training tonight) I cooked some snapper fillets in lemon butter and served them with sweet potato mash, snow peas and char grilled zucchini. It was good.

Now I'm watching The Bachelor and then I'm off to bed.

I know it's self inflicted, but I'm worn out and will have an early night.

Nite all.

No comments: