Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 13, 2018

Hello Monday!

I struggled getting ready for work this morning and only arrived at work ten minutes before opening time.

I chatted with The Gypsy for twelve minutes before realising that it was after nine and I still needed to open the shop!

It was a busy day with lots of customers all spending very small amounts of money.

I squirrelled (aka 'started many projects without finishing them') all day long.

I began covering the timber cheese boards and bread boards with clear plastic and yellow raffia.

I began making a new sign for the next photography workshop.

I began changing our ad for the next newsletter.

I began making a 'pre-loved' sign for my shoes that I took to the shop today.

I began pricing some jewellery and displaying it.

I began replacing the buttons that were sold from the display stands.

I finished making an order of leather glasses cases and business card holders.

I finished making a 'to do' list so that I can finish all the things that I started today!

Adoring Husband began pulling our back yard apart in preparation for the pool. He has a schedule and already, he is ahead of schedule, but feeling it in his body tonight.

I took some 'before' photos of the back yard this morning and will take progress shots over the coming weeks. I'll share them here, but the today's shots are still in camera, so they will have to wait til tomorrow.

The day, for me, went very quickly and I got very little done.

Tomorrow will be a better organised and more productive day. Hopefully I will actually complete most of the tasks that I began today.

Now I need some sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: