Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Day of Rest

I've got three days off at the end of this week and I plan on spending one entire day in bed.

It's been a very busy four days and I haven't had a chance to plant my butt on the chair or remain in bed for my usual day of regeneration/slobberdogging.

Right here, right now, I'm booking next Sunday as my regeneration day.

I AM excited to get back to the shop tomorrow. I even have a new top especially for the occasion of my return! Haha.

We left the house this morning at about 10.15am and drove to Gundiah with the lovely chookies tucked snug in a box.

When we arrived at the farm, Adoring Husband and Marco Polo drove them out to their new home, which is a caravan with a special electronic door that locks them in for the night and they are guarded by Maremma dogs by day as they wander freely on the farm foraging for their yummy worms, grubs and greenery.

They will be happy with their new friends and their freedom.

We enjoyed a delicious lunch of pork chops cooked on the barbecue, sweet potato chips cooked in the pizza oven and a delicious fruity salad with a variety of fresh greens from the garden, blood orange, apple, shallots and cranberries awash with a tangy poppy seed dressing. Absolutely delicious. Not to mention the gluten free home made crackers dipped in home made cashew cheese.

It was a really pleasant four hours spent on the farm. The weather was glorious, the drinks were cold, the food was good, the conversation flowed and the time passed quickly.

We had to leave so that AH could see our 'pool guy' and pass on some requested information, so a quick twenty minutes in Best Cousin in the World's garden harvesting lots of green stuff and some sweet potatoes was how we said our goodbyes.

We stopped at Oliver's on the way home for a coffee that tasted like it had about 5 shots in it. Ugh.

When AH returned from the pool guy's house, we stepped outside to measure up our pool area, so that I can start planning the landscaping and figure out exactly where we want the pool to go.

Hopefully I will find the mental energy to do just that, during the week.

At this very moment I am watching the movie "Jaws" and it is reinforcing our brilliant plan of having a pool in the back yard, even though we live 400 metres from the beach/river!

I'm off to bed. Thanks to The Blonde Bombshell for sharing this lovely quote on FB today...

Nite all.  

No comments: