Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Catch Up

I'm still attempting to catch up.

I didn't realise how far I'd fallen behind with everything in the last month and how many things I'd put off until I had more time.

Not only that, but trying to fit in all the 'things' that we want to do in the time that we have available is positively wearing me out!

Knowing that I'll have another three days to play with next week certainly takes the pressure off.

Today, while Adoring Husband ordered our coffee, I spent a short fifteen minutes at the local markets where I supported some local stall holders (aka spent money!).

We drove to Springvale plant nursery where we priced some big buddhas, water features and plant pots for landscaping around the pool. We found a large water feature buddha that we love and it currently sits on top of our wish list.

While we were there, I fell in love with a mirror that I simply had to have! You know ... sometimes you see something and you know it was meant for you? This was it for me ...




I know that you're a little surprised by this purchase because you probably don't consider me to be a 'bee' person. This is my symbol for 'Lucky Bitch' and I am definitely one of those!

After we finished viewing and pricing their vast array of garden statues, water features and pots, we drove to another location where we checked the prices of some of the same items. I was surprised to discover that the supposedly cheap shop "Truckloads" (you know ... the equivalent of Flash Harrys) was $300 dearer than any of the other five suppliers so far!

They did however, have an amazing metal dragon almost as tall as me, made out of shiny silver metal. If the price was more reasonable OR if it doubled as a water feature or did something interesting, it would have gone to the top of my wish list. The price was astronomical for what it was.

While we were at the shopping mall, which is one that we rarely get to on our trips into The Bay, I simply had to slip in some personal shopping so I bought myself three tops and two pairs of shoes.

A quick trip to Stocklands to purchase some desperately needed bras, then a stop at Harvey Normans to pick up the photos that I ordered yesterday and we rushed home to make it to Blonde Bombshell's house for her La Reve party which began at 1pm.

I did enjoy myself while I was there - of course a couple of glasses of wine helped! I ordered some more reed diffusers and a couple of gifts to put away for Christmas. I made a wish list for the next party which will probably be at The Happy Abode in September.

There was good food, good friends, some good laughs and more than two hours later, The Motivator dropped me home.

I'm feeling pretty exhausted after such a busy day. I've been awake since 5.45am and tomorrow we are taking our chooks to Gundiah, where Best Cousin in the World is going to take possession of them. Lunch will be served and we'll have to return mid afternoon for Adoring Husband to meet a commitment.

It's only 8.30pm but it feels like 10.30pm. That'll teach me for drinking wine! It's been a long time since I drank wine.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Nite all.

No comments: