Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 9, 2018

New Hair Day

I didn't have to get out of bed until 11am.

I had a midday hair appointment, so I had to get up at 11am to make myself presentable for public viewing.

Adoring Husband dropped me off at the hairdressers so that he could pick me up afterwards and drive to Bambooland to price their bamboo sheets, with which we are going to line two of our existing fences around the pool.

But firstly, I have to say that my visit to the hairdressers was fabulous. I love my hair, but I just happened to run into a lady that I met almost a year ago, who lives in our street, but her illness keeps her indoors the majority of the time.

She had her back to me but heard my voice and called me over, introducing herself to me again. We spent the next two hours chatting up a storm, talking about everything and anything. It was thoroughly enjoyable and it was very noticeable how the energy in the shop changed when she left.

My hairdresser told me that she thought my son was 'hot'.  She saw him with us outside the cafe one afternoon and then she almost accidentally ran him over as she left her driveway another time. She said it wouldn't have mattered because she'd have gladly given him mouth to mouth to save him!

Almost three hours later, I left the salon with my lovely new hair and feeling very happy.

At Bambooland, AH and I found some stunning planter pots and I selected three different sizes, a 'possible' buddha water feature and a Bali bench seat that is also on the 'possible' list.

If I was 'into' elephants, there was an amazing elephant water feature that was reasonably priced.

We weren't there very long but saw and priced everything that we were interested in and can now compare prices elsewhere.

When we returned home, we did some grocery shopping and then I spent the next hour and a bit in the kitchen making cauliflower patties and a chicken curry. The cauliflower patties took a lot longer than I expected, but they were delicious.

Adoring Husband headed off to SES for the evening and I did some washing, cleaned up the kitchen and then sorted through my photos so that I could put them all on a USB stick and will decide tomorrow which ones I'll print for the shop.

My hairdresser said that she is interested in doing my next photography workshop and she thinks her girlfriend would do it with her. But first, she needs to get a camera!

Anyway, it's now after 11pm. Adoring Husband is home and trying to sleep while I tap away on my keyboard, so I'll sign off here.

Nite all.

No comments: