Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 10, 2018

Day Out With My Man

There was no sleeping in this morning.

I had to put all the photos that I wanted to print onto a USB stick to take into town with me and I had to hang a large load of washing on the line and then write a 'to do' list so that we didn't forget anything while we were in The Bay.

The 'to do' list was left at home *rolls eyes* so I had to rely on my memory, which surprisingly, did not let me down!

First on our agenda, was to go to the cinema to see 'Mama Mia! Here We Go Again'

It was amazing and I loved every second of it! I can't wait to see it again!

From there, Adoring Husband and I went in search of some interesting things to add to the landscaping of our pool. I've decided that, if possible, I want something completely different.

My original plan was to have a big buddha in the corner, but I'll try to find something else that is unique and beautiful that still invokes a feeling of peace and harmony. We'll see what pops up.

Tomorrow, we will visit a couple of the big plant nurseries that stock large water features and statues to see what they have to offer.

Eventually, time was running out, so we did some grocery shopping and then headed to Harvey Norman so that I could order some new photo prints for the shop. It's time to change things up a bit and add some new prints to our walls.

It's also time for me to get out and about with my camera to capture some more local images, as well as put together a calendar of local pics for 2019.

So much to do!

We arrived home in time to feed the psychotic dogs, make a quick change and AH drove me to the club for my usual Friday night.

I had some luck on the pokies and it was a quiet night up there for the raffles with lots of empty tables.

I posted my sunset photo onto the Flickr website yesterday and as I type this, it has had 23,000 views!! My phone buzzes every time somebody adds it to their 'favourites' and almost 300 people have done that. The buzzing is becoming quite annoying ha.

It's just gone past 10pm so I'm off to bed. I have a big day planned tomorrow, including a party at 1pm.

Nite all.


No comments: