Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

This Close!

We began our Tuesday in the usual way ... enjoying coffee and a good laugh with the ladies in our lounge area. There were eight of us in attendance.

It was 11am when the last lady left and by then I think we'd had one small sale in the shop.

One of our suppliers of local art/craft came into the shop at that point and spent some time chatting and showing us some of his new work.

It was after he left that things began to pick up big time.

We were so close to breaking our highest sales record today.

It was such a slow morning, I wondered if we might break our lowest sales record!

By late afternoon, we were feeling confident enough to begin an order with a new supplier, so we did a quick search and selected some items that we thought would serve us well for Father's Day.

At the end of the day, we were feeling pretty pleased with ourselves, so it was hugs all round and smiles on our dials as we said our goodbyes.

This is the first Tuesday of the month, which means our monthly neighbourhood barbecue at the river, so Adoring Husband and I did a quick grocery shop and headed home to prepare our salad and stack our esky with all the goodies to take with us.

Because I'd had the photography workshop on the weekend, my camera gear was all packed in the bag and ready to go, so I took it with me hoping that our sunset would be worth the effort.

Just when it felt like the cloud cover might smother the colour, it gradually changed and became brighter and more fiery by the minute ...




What a spectacle! With every minute that passed, the colours and the light kept changing.

There were lots of people out with their phones and their cameras capturing the beauty of it. It triggered lots of conversations between strangers and all of us agreed in the glory of Mother Nature.

Soon enough after we ate our barbecue dinner, it began to get quite cool and we headed home, but it was nice to catch up with our neighbours, who, surprisingly, we really only see once a month at these barbecues!

It's after 11pm and I need to be up early for meditation tomorrow, so I'd best get some sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: