Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

On A Break!

That's me.

I'm officially on a break.

How funny that I'm hesitant to take this break! I love The Happy Abode and while I know I NEED to take this break, I certainly don't WANT to take it.

It's a forced, self imposed break so that I don't reach a point where I'm not having fun.

It was a slow day for sales in the shop until the last half hour, when a few customers came in and then right on closing time, one lady asked if she could have a look. She found much to fall in love with, so piled the items on the counter and lifted our sales to better than acceptable!

The Motivator and I had some fun and practiced some silliness. We made another stock order and listed some stuff from another supplier. I think we're going to busy next week when all of this stock arrives at the shop. Trying to figure out where it goes will be fun.

Adoring Husband made a casserole in the slow cooker today, so I didn't have to prepare dinner at all and could spend the afternoon and evening relaxing. He's definitely a keeper.

I had another look at the photos of the sunset last night and came up with this ...


Now I think it's time for bed. I have a hair appointment at midday tomorrow and I intend on staying in bed until the very last minute!

Nite all.


No comments: