Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 1, 2018

Father's Day Flop

As you read this, it is Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the people who fill a 'father' role in their lives!

We stocked up on male oriented products especially for this big day. We still have at least two thirds of it on the shelves. We sold:

  • "Gone Fishing" sign
  • 2 wallets
  • 3 leather wrist straps with snap buttons
  • A metal motor bike
  • A pen
  • A 'Dad's Garage' sign
That was not today, but over the last three weeks. So I'm thinking that Father's Day is not much of a 'thing' around here OR it's a much bigger thing than we can provide at The Happy Abode. I'm pretty certain that Bunnings, Dan Murphy's, Super Cheap Auto and Lowe's had much better sales than us.

It was another steady Saturday morning where we made higher sales than the number that I predicted on my notepad this morning. I'm practicing the art of manifesting!

It's exciting that my photography is selling well and I feel pretty chuffed knowing that there are houses all over the world with my photos framed on their walls.

Ok, so not ALL OVER THE WORLD, but New Zealand, Hong Kong and England count as PART of the world! I know for certain that they are hanging in four different states of Australia too and I think that's pretty special.

I am a legend in my own lunch box.

Our new Happy Abode signage should arrive next week. I paid for it all today, so I'm thinking delivery should happen around Thursday. Wahoo!

Adoring Husband finished lining the fence with the bamboo sheets today. This photo was taken yesterday of the first section that he did ...


Kiwi Bernie finished as much of the kitchen as he can until the electricians complete their work ...


It's all coming along nicely.

I'm looking forward to having a quiet Sunday. There is 'stuff' to do and while I have some big jobs that I want to get started on - like a massive decluttering of my clothes and shoes - I'm going to play it by ear and see how I feel in the morning.

I haven't been sleeping very soundly lately, but last night I used my 'Sweet Sleep' essential oil and slept like a baby, so I'll try that again tonight.

By taking some big risks with my footy tipping this weekend, I have ruined my chances at winning a prize, but Adoring Husband is doing very well and is currently sitting in second position. Still a few weeks to go and you never know what will happen!

The pressure is on!

I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: