Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 2, 2018

Secret Sunday

I only did two things outside of the bedroom today.

I made my breakfast to take back to bed with me and I did my washing.

While in bed, I listened to some of an audible book.

Worked on 'the second coming' of the business course that I began earlier this year.

The rest of my day was a secret, so I can't tell you anything!

I can tell you about dinner - I was feeling incredibly lazy, so I put butter, olive oil and crushed garlic on the bottom of a pan. Lay boneless thigh fillets skin side up in the pan. Ground some pink salt over the top of the skin, poured pure maple syrup over the top of the skin and then shoved the pan in a 180C oven for 40 minutes.

I made a guacamole by mashing 2 avocados, squeezing lemon juice into it, grinding pink salt and then adding finely chopped spring onions.

For an added ten minutes, I put the oven on full heat, which crisped up and browned the skin on the chicken.

So, chicken with guacamole as a side, followed by boysenberry ice-cream with strawberries.

Oh and I raided my jewellery making paraphernalia and am going to attempt to decoratively wire a gemstone. I would have started it today, but my tools are at the shop, so depending on how busy it is tomorrow, I might try to start it while I'm at work.

I've watched a few instructional youtube videos and I think I can do it.

Adoring Husband and I watched our respective teams win their final round games of the season. The finals begin next week and both our teams will be fighting to remain in the running for the grand final.

AH is still right up there in second place for the footy tipping competition.

I guess I should now head to bed and get a good night's sleep in preparation for a big record breaking week at The Happy Abode.

Welcome to Monday!

Nite all.




No comments: