Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 3, 2018

Hello? Hello?

Hellooooooo?

Is there anybody out there?????

I left the shop three times today to see what was happening on our street.

All of the shops at our end of the street were closed - they've all decided to close on Mondays now - although I think the hairdressing salon is open for a few hours, I'm not sure.

Four of the five shops at the other end were open.

Needless to say it was VERY quiet in The Happy Abode today.

The Gypsy only had one appointment booked, so we spent a lot of time chatting and analysing each other. I love our conversations. They always lead us in the strangest directions and we almost always learn something new about ourselves and each other.

I found my jewellery-making tools and had a brief attempt at weaving some wires, but I didn't get any extended period of free time to focus on the job at hand, so I brought it home to try again, but I'm not in the mood tonight. I'll leave it all at home and wait for the right time - my psyche has to be in just the right place for creativity!

For lunch I mashed up an avocado and added red onion, lemon and salt, then dipped, what the package claimed to be GF, seaweed rice crackers. It was delicious until about 20 minutes later when I had that familiar uncomfortable sickening feeling of gluten intolerance.

Even though the package stated 'gluten free', the ingredients list clearly had 'wheat' listed!


How can they do that?

I've emailed the company. We'll see what happens.

The weather was looking ominous as I rode home this afternoon and there were a couple of cold wet plops on my arms as I rode along, but nothing more than that.

The psychotic dogs were uneasy and a bit whiny this evening and as I walked into the back yard, I could hear the rumble of thunder in the distance, so I was expecting a bit of a storm. Nothing eventuated, but there is some wet weather forecast for this week, so hopefully we'll get some much needed rain.

I recruited my first participant for the next photography workshop today - hopefully the first of many, but not too many. I like my workshops small and intimate.

It's almost 9pm and I think I might climb into bed and do some meditating before sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: