Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 7, 2018

Ending The Week

What a game!!

The first final between Melbourne Storm and South Sydney Rabbitohs was an absolute blinder tonight and was decided by just one point. Melbourne won 29 - 28. I'm happy to say that I tipped Melbourne, as did Adoring Husband, which puts him two points behind the leader of the tipping comp!

Anything could happen!

It was a beautiful Spring day which brought lots of people out and about and made for a nice steady day at the shop. There is a big 70th birthday coming up for someone in town (I have no idea who) and a number of customers came into the shop looking for a gift for that special person.

AH and I spent the afternoon trying to package up a big Cintiq editing screen to send safely in the mail on Monday. It was a tough job and luckily there was lots of cardboard, foam and bubble wrap at the shop to assist us in this task. Fingers crossed that we've done a good job.

The local markets are on in town tomorrow and I need to go there before I open the shop to pick up some jewellery that I commissioned a lady at last month's markets to make for me. She sent me a text today to advise that my order is ready.

It was a lucky night for everyone at the club with lots of raffle wins for our table and a win for me on the pokies.

Now I need to get some sleep.

Nite all.  

No comments: