Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 27, 2018

Happiness

Today has been one of those days when I felt amazing from the second that I opened my eyes.

You know, the kind of amazing when you sing along to every song and dance to every tune and raise your arms and punch the air just because you feel so good and you don't even care who's watching you?

I didn't have to be at work until midday, so I slept until about 7am. Adoring Husband brought my warm lemon water to me, followed by my bone broth while I selected upbeat, happy music to put onto a playlist for the shop (yes another playlist).

This time I selected the 60s decade for some fabulous tunes, added the sound track to "The Greatest Show On Earth" and then a few others just for good measure. My playlist is almost six hours long! The perfect length for a day at The Happy Abode!

I have spent the afternoon singing along and dancing through the shop and continuing that feeling of fabulousness.

The Motivator and I swam in some money.

She sold her old car, so we lay the money on the floor in the training room and both rolled around in it and pretended to swim through it and giggled ourselves silly like a pair of teenagers.

THAT was fun!

As you read this, it is the 28th August, which means that The Happy Abode is ONE YEAR OLD!!!

Happy birthday to us!

We will have birthday celebrations a month late because The Motivator will be out of the country for a while and I have a photography workshop coming up, so after that, we will party and celebrate.


I have a couple of days off again now and I have so many ideas about how to fill my time, but I can't do it all, so I need to be selective and I guess there is some housework and stuff to fit in there too *insert sad face here*

So it's the end of this beautiful Winter's day that had me feeling super happy and now it's time for bed.

Before I go, we had a storm on Sunday afternoon and this is the result ...


Nite all.

No comments: