Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 15, 2018

I Do Like Mondays

Today felt very strange.

My first two non-customers came into the shop simply to introduce themselves, comment favourably about the shop and then leave.

Weird.

The weather was a bit topsy turvy with gusting strong winds, surprising heavy showers that gave me no warning that they were coming (hence the surprise).

Weird.

Five boxes of stock arrived at lunch time, so I spent the afternoon unpacking and pricing.

I was interrupted often by tyre kickers so I didn't finish that task and there is still much to do tomorrow - especially because more will arrive tomorrow and the day after and probably the day after that.

We will have our work cut out for us this week.

I've left the shop in a bit of a mess, so I'll need to get there early tomorrow to make it reasonably presentable.

Due to the inclement weather, Adoring Husband drove me to work this morning and then arrived ten minutes early to pick me up, so he closed the shop for me while I finished pricing some of the stock and packed my gear to go home. He also bought us a coffee to take home.

Dinner was a curry out of the freezer.

Easy.

AH is now watching Dr Who, so I'm signing off to head to bed.

I'm feeling a bit on edge, so some meditation might be in order.

Before I go ... some of the new stock ...






Nite all.

No comments: