Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Oh the Feelings!

Tuesday began at 1.30am for me.

I don't know why, but for the last five or six Tuesdays, I've woken at around 1.30am and stayed awake for around two hours before finding my deep slumber. The same happened last night, but this time I was awake until 4.30am, which meant that I only slept for another ninety minutes before the alarm went off.

It was a struggle to climb out of bed and I needed my MSM to give me an energy boost to start the day.

Morning coffee with the girls was fun because I opened a box of new snap button jewellery that had arrived that morning. The girls dived in and got first pick before the jewellery even got to the display trays!

A few giggles and a couple of snorts later, everyone left to continue their day of fun and frivolity.

Unfortunately I was very naughty and didn't eat all day. I had a morning coffee and then worked through the day without giving my body any nourishment, so by the end of the day, I was not in a good place.

I was on my feet for most of the day unpacking stock, pricing, storing, displaying, getting rid of the packaging and what I didn't finish had to be hidden in the treatment room so that the training room was clear for meditation tomorrow.

It was bin day and there was lots of cardboard that had to be cut and folded and packed in the bin - my motivation levels were very low by this time.

The Motivator arrived right on closing time to instal the light in the new cabinet and attach the door to complete the assembly.

I was not capable of assisting her, so I took advantage of a break in the weather to pedal home without getting wet.

It's now 9pm and I am going to rest this weary body. It's telling me off big time.




Nite all.

No comments: