Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Ohhh The Pain

In the voice of Tattoo on Fantasy Island ... "The pain! The pain!"

I could feel it creeping in on Wednesday morning and just before bed I could feel it intensifying, but by the time I woke on Thursday morning, the sciatic pain was so intense and I struggled to even walk out of the bedroom!

I easily found the 'spot' in my butt cheek where the pain had hit the surface and I spent the day digging my knuckle into that spot trying to grind out the pain. In the process, I found lots of knots all around that area that needed some good strong pressure.

Unfortunately The Gypsy is away, so I can't get any help for a while.

I didn't let it stop me today and I did a lot of walking to stretch it out. Sometimes the pain was almost overwhelming, but sometimes I could feel it easing. It's still there now but I hope that I can sleep it off - if only I had a magnesium filtered pool to swim it out!

At least I got a good night's sleep - about seven solid hours of much needed sleep.

Adoring Husband and I spent the day in The Bay.

We selected and purchased the splash back tiles for the outdoor kitchen.

We picked up 200 paper carry bags for the shop and a red 'We are Open' sign to put on our outside stand (our other one disappeared on a windy day).

While AH did a Bunnings run (you know how I hate Bunnings), I did a Stocklands run and in a little temporary kiosk in the middle of the centre, I found myself a nice little cotton kaftan for wearing around the pool 😝

We drove to Springvale to buy the water feature that we'd decided upon a month ago. We were a few hours too late because he'd sold it that morning.

Ugh.

We drove all the way back to The Bay to 'Open House' where they also stock these water features, but the only one they had in stock had a smashed nose.

Now we are on two lists to be contacted when the new stock comes in.

Next was a visit to another nursery where we selected our pebbles for the landscaping.

We arrived home in time to feed the dogs and have a break before I cooked dinner while AH prepared for SES training night.

Dinner was a feed of fresh fish (a gift from The Motivator and The Fisher King) which I crumbed in almond meal mixed with salt, pepper and chilli powder and then fried in butter and olive oil. It was yummy.

After that, I plonked myself on the couch. I've had to get up a couple of times and the pain is still pretty intense, so I'll rub some of my essential oil into the affected area before I go to bed and hopefully the combination of sleep and healing oil, will fix the problem by morning.

I'm off to the movies tomorrow. I might have trouble walking up the stairs to the cinema but where there's a will, there's a way.

Nite all.

No comments: