Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 19, 2019

Dreaming Humming

Last night, I dreamt of a hummingbird drinking nectar out of a flower. The bird was so tiny and the most beautiful colours imaginable. I was excited because I love hummingbirds and I sat and watched it for ages. Nothing else happened in the dream and then I woke up.

So I looked for meanings. What does it mean when you dream of hummingbirds?

This is what I found ...

"Hummingbirds in a dream represent freedom and independence. You feel secure about your current actions and you know they will bring something good to you.

If you dream about a hummingbird, it means there is a lot of positive energy in your life currently and you should use this energy wisely to realise all your plans in the best possible way.

Hummingbirds represent how small ideas that seem unimportant, can make a big difference, so this can be a big motivation for you to start realising certain projects that you have forgotten about, but were important to you.

Dreaming about a Hummingbird drinking nectar out of a flower might be a warning sign to start enjoying life a bit more and stop worrying about small things."

So I take from this dream ...

My visions for this year, which included revisiting my website, creating an online course and finishing my book have been sitting on the back burner and I haven't even glanced at them. I think this dream is a sign that I should choose one of them and get moving on it.

Today, I woke at 6am but chose to close my eyes and sleep some more. I slept until about 8am.

Adoring Husband brought celery juice, chicken broth and coffee to my bedside (in that order) and I got out of bed just after 10.30am.

The pool was calling to me so I waded in and swam twelve laps of freestyle, 6 laps of backstroke and six laps of breast stroke. That's one lap short of 200 metres!

I followed up with some gentle stretching and exercises before drying off and doing some artwork.

The first one I did on Thursday night at 11pm and I was in bed by midnight! The other two I did today.




I've run out of safe drying spaces for the canvasses. I can't put them outside because it's too windy and they'll end up with bugs and dust and grass in the wet paint.

I'm already utilising two large cardboard boxes, the dining table and the couch in the family room.

So I have to stop painting until some of them dry and I can move them on to make space for the new ones.

We have a sour sop tree in the back yard, which is fruiting for the first time. It's been there for about five years so it's about time!


I've had a great day today.

Have a happy Saturday!

Nite all.

No comments: