Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, April 14, 2019

Art at Home

I enjoyed a solid night's sleep and woke at 7am.

Adoring Husband appeared in the room at 8am and asked if I would like some breakfast so he brought me some coffee and toast.

I began watching youtube videos to get some more ideas for some art. I took my iPad to the Bali hut and enjoyed some fresh air.

I was brave enough Io sit with my legs in the chilly waters of the pool, but not brave enough to go in today.

It was well after lunch when I finally came inside to start creating.

I forgot how long it takes to set everything up!

It took about an hour to mix the white paint mixture, my colours, prepare my surface, set all my tools on the table and open all the coloured paint pots from last week.

My first attempt was this ...


... which I love! The colours are so vibrant and the cells came out beautifully. It's quite striking and the different sections are interesting.





My next attempt was quite disappointing. The colours were a bit dull and using house paint for the base, it dried much faster than the artist's acrylic paint, so my creativity ended up hitting a wall about 15 minutes in.


I think I'll add some extra floetrol to help it flow better and to slow down the drying process. I plan on having another attempt tonight ... it's going to be a late night lol.

Anyway, I hope I can share something more spectacular tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: